Update (April 2017): Since this original post appoLearning has been changed to Participate.com.
The resources as posted are still available but they have expanded their offerings – one of my favorites is their Twitter Chat interface which is clean and easy to navigate. They also offer a calendar of Twitter Chats along with links.
Have you had an incredible YouTube video, blog article, a “freebie” pdf, cross your screen only to find that when it came time to use it you could not find it? Is it in your Google Drive, a bookmark, on your computer, on the server …
Are you interested in transforming this digital argh#!$@* to digital ahh! Take a few moments and explore appoLearning.
Brad Spirrson, Vice President of Content/Managing Editor describes their product as a ” platform for teachers to discover, collect and share apps, digital tools…”
appoLearning has given me an elegant way to organize my teaching, digital and tech ed life. I describe appoLearning as a Pinterest on steroids!
Possible uses for appoLearning:
- Lesson Planning: Based on months, themes, create Collections with materials needed (video from internet, documents needed from my Google Drive, articles from blogs, links to Discovery Streaming, clipart, etc.)
- Tech Ed PD: Create a Collection with resources needed for each PD. When teachers need these resources merely refer them to that Collection.
- Committe Work: Are you on a committee at school? I am part of the PBIS and Character Ed team. When I find articles, resources, videos that will support this work, I create a Collection.. now when I am in the meeting and I want to share, I merely pull up my Collection and voila!
- Speaking Engagements: Create a collection for easy access to research and reference material, presentations and handouts.
- PLC Work: Organize work and resources used for PLC work – create a Collection for quick and easy access.
- Exploration: There is so many ideas and technology to explore. Rather than search through boards that I have pinned or blogs I have bookmarked, create a Collection and have peace of mind knowing it is there when you are ready for it.
- Teacher Evaluation: Create a collection to organize, store evidence and resources needed for our teacher evaluation process. As I create or use a document, picture, link, lesson plan, assessment, I simple drop it in my Collection and when the time comes to meet with my adminstrator everything is there.
appoLearning helps me to work efficiently and effectively as I avoid searching for videos, scanning files in my Google Drive or, digging through the thousands of pin’s I have collected over the years.
Go to: appoLearning.com and start saving time by organizing your digital life!
appoLearning search Cathy Hink to see my Collections and type of resources